Empire State Bank has provided our customers with the highest quality of service and has earned a reputation for excellence and professionalism. Our continuing success depends on the efforts of every employee. Working together as a team, we can continue our success and meet the challenges of the future.
Empire State Bank is currently looking for a Banking Center Manager. As Banking Center Manager, through leadership and motivation, you will be responsible for the complete operation of the Banking Center. You will ensure that Bank personnel always deliver superior customer service and you will oversee subordinate manager(s) who supervise employees in the Bank’s service areas. You will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. You will also directly supervise non-supervisory employees and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, which include, but are not limited to: training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The Banking Center Manager position is full-time, salaried, exempt, reporting directly to the Branch Coordinator.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Open and close the Banking Center
- Represent the Bank in the community in a manner which maintains and expands the Bank’s relationship with clients, businesses and community organizations
- Build and maintain friendly customer relations
- Partner with Relationship Manager(s) and Marketing in participating in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favorably on the Bank
- Encouraged to maintain officer positions in community/networking organizations to deepen involvement within the community
- Strategizes to achieve established Banking Center goals
- Process and control coverage of overdrawn accounts and the control and segregation of dormant accounts
- Approve the payment of uncollected funds in accordance with Bank policy
- Manage complete operations of the Banking Center
- Coordinate and supervise Banking Center audits
- Oversee Banking Center appearance and ongoing maintenance
- Examine workflow procedures, staffing levels, cash levels and transaction volume
- Implement revisions to maximize productivity
- Accountable for Banking Center profitability with regards to deposit growth, liability cost containment and fee income
- Maintain Bank Security
- Manage personnel/manpower issues in conjunction with upper management, to include, but not limited to, new hires, terminations, promotions, performance evaluations, salary recommendations, disciplinary actions, counseling and training
- Ensures staff is trained in all areas of operations and customer service, including transaction processing, policies and procedures, product knowledge, and sales
- Establish goals and objectives for staff; inspire them to excel
- Coach staff to maintain customer and business goals
- Promote teamwork; build morale
- Conduct regular meetings to motivate staff to participate in the Bank’s incentive programs
- Prepare operational reports to aid Senior Management
- Ensure compliance with Bank Regulatory policies and procedures as it pertains to Banking Center operations
- Attentive and responsive to customer feedback
- Open all types of accounts for customers and assist them whenever possible as well as perform other duties to ensure the seamless and efficient operation of the Banking Center
- Use sound judgement when making decisions consistent with the Bank’s policies, procedures and customer service practices
- Contact potential and existing clients to establish and/or expand business relationships
- Strive to provide the highest level of customer service throughout all banking areas
- Perform special projects and additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Six to eight years of managerial experience in a financial institution or related industry
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Accounting, Management or other related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in the various banking products and services available
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Microsoft Office Suite-proficient
Duties are performed in an office environment but may require traveling to different Banking Center locations for fill-in, meetings and/or seminars as needed. Banking Center Managers routinely use standard office equipment which includes, but is not limited to, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Banking Center Managers are required to have manual dexterity; the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets. This position requires sitting, standing, bending and stooping as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Empire State Bank is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our success. The Bank provides a productive and engaging work environment that demonstrates that we value our employees. Our employees receive paid training, competitive salary, performance-based advancement, paid vacation, paid holidays, health benefits and 401(k) as well as other great incentives. Qualified applicants may submit their resume for consideration to email@example.com.