Empire State Bank has provided our customers with the highest quality of service and has earned a reputation for excellence and professionalism. Our continuing success depends on the efforts of every employee. Working together as a team, we can continue our success and meet the challenges of the future.
Empire State Bank is currently looking for a Banking Center Supervisor. A Banking Center Supervisor supports the Banking Center Manager in various aspects of branch management to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the branch; compliance with all operating policies and procedures; direct supervision of assigned personnel; ongoing coaching sessions communicates with appropriate personnel and provides periodic reports. The Banking Center Supervisor is full-time, hourly, non-exempt, reporting directly to the Banking Center Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the proper staffing and training of office personnel; ensures staff is trained in all areas of operations and customer service, including transaction processing, policies and procedures, product knowledge, and sales
- Monitors quality of service to customers; manages branch staff to maximize productivity and to achieve sales and referral goals through ongoing coaching
- Oversees all office operations are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures, either directly or through appropriate supervisor, e.g., office balancing, control of vault cash, overdraft processing, etc.
- Provides for the proper security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the office; ensures the opening and closing of the vault and branch are conducted in accordance with security procedures; makes necessary provisions for the securing and accounting of cash and negotiable instruments
- Monitors overdrawn accounts daily and ensures all procedures related to overdrafts are followed to mitigate financial losses to the Bank
- Oversees audit procedures to ensure compliance with control processes are maintained. If weaknesses are identified, reports them to Banking Center Manager or in the absence of the Banking Center Manager, reports them to the Branch Coordinator
- Performs monthly audits including negotiable instruments, and cash counts of vault, ATM, cash drawers and recyclers
- Performs monthly alarm testing to ensure all security equipment is in working order
- Performs opening/closing of branch with assigned personnel, adhering to established security procedures
- Obtains daily maintenance, override and large item reports; reviews each and performs required actions as per established procedures
- Performs various administrative duties, including distributing mail, ordering supplies, the generation, filing and maintenance of various reports and records in order to sustain an efficient branch operation
- Maintains current knowledge of all deposit and loan products, procedures and regulations to ensure office compliance; understands and ensures all branch staff adhere to the Bank’s Customer Information Policy; ensures customer privacy and confidentiality are maintained
- Participates/attends required staff and training meetings; completes required e-learning courses as assigned
- When needed, performs duties of a Service Associate relating to customer service support, including processing transactions, opening new accounts, performing account maintenance, and providing services related to safe deposit boxes and referrals
- Participates with the Banking Center Manager in establishing and implementing strategies to achieve established branch goals
- Coordinates and participates in the interviewing and hiring of new personnel as appropriate.
- Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel; trains new personnel as required
- Monitors employee performance throughout the probationary period and on an annual basis thereafter; assists Banking Center Manager in completing appropriate evaluation or disciplinary documentation, as necessary
- Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel
- Reviews and approves non-exempt time records
- Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the office and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by organization policy
- Communicates with the Banking Center Manager, other supervisors, and appropriate staff personnel to integrate activities
- Provides timely reporting to the Banking Center Manager and other appropriate groups or individuals
- Supports the Banking Center Manager by participating in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favorably on the Bank
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-4 years of managerial experience in a financial institution or related industry
- Associate degree or above in Business, Accounting, Management or other related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in the various banking products and services available
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Microsoft Office Suite-proficient
Duties are performed in an office environment but may require traveling to different Banking Center/ locations for fill-in, meetings and/or seminars as needed. Banking Center Supervisors routinely use standard office equipment which includes, but is not limited to, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Banking Center Supervisors are required to have manual dexterity; the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets. This position requires sitting, standing, bending and stooping as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Empire State Bank is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our success. The Bank provides a productive and engaging work environment that demonstrates that we value our employees. Our employees receive paid training, competitive salary, performance-based advancement, paid vacation, paid holidays, health benefits and 401(k) as well as other great incentives. Qualified applicants may submit their resume for consideration to email@example.com.